Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Portrait of Ali and Rose (Rocky, too!)

Trisha Herring of NiteStar Australian Shepherds (http://www.nitestar.net/) has been one of my staunchest supporters over the years. She has commissioned me to do portraits of three of her dogs . . . so far :-) !! She also saw fit to let me have two of her beautiful girls, Peggy Lee and Callie.

The first portrait Trisha commissioned was of her "heart dog", A-BISS AKC/ASCA Ch NiteStar's Eye of the Tiger, "Rocky" . Here are some photos of that first portrait (my first dog portrait!).





















Here is a comparison of the portrait to the photograph:









Earlier this year, Trisha's husband commissioned me to do a portrait of Trisha's two foundation bitches. Rose and Ali also happen to be the mothers of my two girls, Peggy Lee and Callie. Following are the photos and drawings I used to work up the pattern for the stained glass panel.

ASCA/AKC Ch Navarro's LoveStory of NiteStar, STDs, RS-N, GS-N, JS-N, NAC, NJC, NGC, DNA-CP, "Ali"




















Hall Of Fame and ROMX-I, A-Ch Woodstock's Color Me "Rose" STDs, DNA-CP
















The drawing used to make the stained glass pattern:












Here is the completed portrait. Everyone who saw it in the studio thought it was a portrait of Peggy Lee and Callie . . . they are indeed chips off the old block!!

No comments: